New indoor waterpark is largest in Russia's Volga Region
The Ulyanovsk Indoor Waterpark has received nearly unanimous 5-star reviews with its range of Polin waterslides and other amenities.
Turkey - May 2, 2017 - Just a quick look at online reviews reveals the positive welcome that the Ulyanovsk Indoor Waterpark has received since its soft opening last summer (2016) and its official opening in December 2016. Guests describe their experience at the facility as "excellent, "great," "awesome," "cool," "super" and "delighted."
Deemed the largest aquatic complex in the Volga Region, a historical area in Russia adjacent to the Volga River, the facility is filled with a large assortment of Polin Waterpark's popular waterslides and one of its custom children's aquatic play areas.
The two-level indoor waterpark covers about 12,500 square meters (134,548 square feet). Guests enjoy seven unique water slides, three pools and a sauna complex.
An auspicious opening with big goals
The project, which kicked off in 2011, was initially expected to require 200 million rubles (US$3.5 million) in investment capital and was said to be just the beginning of the development of a sports and family-friendly complex to be known as Alexandrovsky Park. When the area's Board of Investment originally approved the project, they encouraged the developers to consider increasing the area of the waterpark in the future and cited it as a "significant investment project."
First Deputy Chairman of the Government of the region, Aleksandra Smekalina, noted the facility represents a socially significant project not just for residents but also neighboring regions as a tourism attraction.
The existing facility - expected to host 90,000 guests a year and provide 100 jobs - opened last summer to its first visitors. Its official ceremony took place at the end of December 2016 and was attended by Governor Sergey Morozov; Aleksandr Mayer, Chairman of the Board of Directors of SP VIS-MOS LLC, an award-winning construction and drilling firm; and other guests, including representatives of Polin Waterparks: Selim Doguoglu, Polin Russia.
The basic concept of an aqua park is to be the center of family entertainment, and Ulyanovsk Indoor Waterpark fulfills that goal by offering "an exciting adventure" for guests, including a stylized pirate ship, numerous slides with banked turns, a pool with simulated ocean waves, a thermal area and many other attractions.
A colorful, swashbuckling adventure park
Guests can't help but begin anticipating the fun experience waiting inside the park once they see the building. Its cheery orange exterior is punctuated by colorful tubes that thrust outside the building in huge curves that then loop around to re-enter the edifice. Polin's popular Sphere waterslide is evident as the huge orb is attached to the exterior.
Sculpted pirates welcome visitors inside, adorning the interior and waving swords while gigantic octopus tentacles extend over pools and attractions.
Waterslides soar two stories high inside the facility, while the vast pools offer both adults and children a multitude of options for relaxation and thrills, from pools with warm, whirlpool jets to one with ocean-like waves. One pool offers and indoor/outdoor option so that, in winter, guests can drift in the warmth of the water while snow drifts down and people in parkas walk past.
Polin's attractions fulfill guests' expectations
The attractions Polin Waterparks has installed in the park include:
- Space Hole. Engineered to create the ultimate in excitement, this slide is one of the largest available for speed riding. Guests travel through an enclosed tube that exits into a huge, open bowl where centrifugal force whirls them around before a breathtaking splash into the "hole."
- Sphere. This streamlined waterslide puts two riders on a raft that enters a steep drop sending them speeding into a sphere where gushing water propels them from side to side before they are thrust into a tube for a wild and wet exit.
- Aquatube. Riders of this attraction begin several stories in the air, sliding through transparent tubes along a 246-foot (75-meter) path to experience a ride unlike any other at the park.
- Black Hole. Part-open/part-closed, this slide allows guests to experience the full effects of Polin's Natural Light Effects technology as water sluices through the tubes and interacts with sunlight to create incredible visual designs.
- Space Boat. One of Polin's most popular extreme slides, the Space Boat combines the excitement of the Space Hole and the Black Hole. Guests begin the ride via a high-speed, enclosed tube, slipping into a swirling vortex of multiple turns and inclines before discharging them into a huge, open bowl.
- Looping Rocket. An attraction that never fails to thrill, this slide features a unique "launch capsule" with a trap door that opens to send riders through a high-speed, horizontal, 360-degree loop.
- Body Slide. This versatile open slide ensures a safe, smooth ride that does not require mats. A wide variety of design options and slide paths create varying speed levels generated by a mix of drops and straightaways.
Providing fun for the littlest ones
A special area of the facility offers attractions designed for the youngest guests, making Ulyanovsk Indoor Waterpark a true family-focused facility. The aquatic offerings Polin has created for toddlers and young children are:
- A Mini Pirate Slide. This interactive play center with a pirate theme includes numerous waterslides of different colors and types. It can fit compactly into any pool area and delivers fun, safety, function, comfort, innovation, capacity, entertainment and ease of operation and maintenance.
- A Rabbit Slide. This toddler-sized structure is designed to offer the first slide experience for little ones. Its appealing shape attracts toddlers for a safe, fun aquatic encounter.
- A Mushroom. The mushroom is a fountain available in two sizes with different color choices. Its main column can be obtained either in painted epoxy or stainless-steel.
- Mini Elephant Fountain. This caricatured elephant sculpture provides extra fun for your pool deck as the gentle giant sprays water from its trunks and tusks.
- Mini Rainbow Slide. Designed for children ages 3 and older, this slide is among the most colorful and safest Polin attractions.
Improving an area and the economy
Adding new construction can pump new life into areas that have become stagnant. The Ulyanovsk Indoor Waterpark has provided that type of economic improvement. Selim Doguoglu, General Manager, of Polin Russia, says the company takes a special pride in helping create these types of new outlooks.
"Many of the areas where we have worked to build new aquatic facilities had previously been in decline," Doguoglu adds. When the world economy slowed, so did development. But the new Ulyanovsk facility has now filled a once vacant area. "We're pleased to see the new growth already developing around the waterpark," he adds. "New housing is going up, and the people are looking positively toward the future. It's wonderful to be a part of such exciting changes."
Please click to download high-resolution of the render images
More on Polin Waterparks
Polin was founded in Istanbul in 1976 and has since grown into a leading company in the waterparks industry. Today Polin is a world leader in the design, production and installation of waterparks, waterslides &and water-play attractions. Polin has completed 2,500 waterpark projects in 100 countries around the world and is the biggest waterslide supplier in Eurasia. Working with a wide variety of clients has helped Polin reach several milestones including installing the first waterparks in many countries and many other award-winning rides at parks with world-renowned reputations.
For more info, visit www.polin.com.tr or contact Sohret Pakis at +90 262 656 64 67 or email@example.com.