Orbita Waterpark Celebrates ‘Firsts’ of Waterpark Fun
The expansion of the Ukraine’s Orbita Aquapark includes that region’s largest water-play structure and its first robotic-propulsion slide
An expansion to the Orbita Aquapark in Koblevo, Ukraine, is giving tourists just one more reason to visit an area long-known for being a haven of rest and relaxation. The park, which debuted in 2011, recently opened with an even greater variety of aquatic attractions.
The park’s owner was so impressed with its popularity after its first summer that he immediately began plans with Polin Waterparks and Pool Systems (Istanbul, Turkey), which had supplied the facility’s original rides, to begin an expansion with even more waterslides and a giant water-play structure. That new area opened to guests this summer.
A History of Fun in the Sun
Relaxation has been at the heart of why people visit the region surrounding Koblevo since its earliest days. The village on the coast of the Black Sea, originally named Postovoye, was founded in 1787. It was renamed Koblevo in 1792 and, over time, became well-known for its long stretches of beach and dry, salubrious weather. Located between the cities of Odessa and Niolaev, tourists flocked to the area, eager to soak in the health benefits of its fresh, fragrant air filled with curative salts from the sea.
By the 1960s, modern resorts began springing up with a wide variety of recreational offerings. Tourists from throughout the Ukraine, Russia, Belarus, Moldova and other countries were soon taking regular advantage of Koblevo’s vibrant nightlife with discos, restaurants and cafes, seaside attractions, children’s shows, gaming facilities and excursions into the nearby big cities.
A Resort Replete With Incentives
The Orbita resort, which the waterpark adjoins, is known for its appealing amenities and central location on the seafront. Completely remodeled in 2009, the facility offers overnight accommodations in either on-site cottages or a three-story building, all completely furnished with luxury accoutrements, including refrigerator, mini bar, air-conditioning, satellite TV, bathroom with spa tub or shower, balcony or patio, panoramic windows, tile flooring, outdoor furniture and daily maid service.
The nearby beach is fully equipped to meet guests’ every need, including awnings, deck chairs and umbrellas. Other amenities include a playground, table tennis, scooter rental, billiards, easy-to-access food and drink offerings, full-time security, free parking and an artesian well with a German desalination system.
While the Orbita waterpark is designed for the pleasure of guests of the resort, outside visitors can also purchase passes that give them access to its water-filled fun amusements.
Modern Attractions That Thrill
Today, Koblevo’s newest aquatic offerings at the Orbita Resort are giving guests more space in which to play. In fact, the waterpark is now the largest in the area after growing from its original size of 8,000 square feet (86,111 square kilometers) to its current size of 12,000 square feet (129,167 square kilometers).
Two of the newest attractions, in particular, will stand out to this year’s visitors: the park’s Paradise Island water-play structure and the Looping Rocket waterslide:
- Paradise Island Aquatower. The bright colors and strong characters of this kid-focused aquatic wonderland will cause pint-sized visitors to run with abandon toward its wide assortment of water cannons, tipping buckets, slides and net climbs. The Aquatower 800 is one of Polin’s most popular designs, due especially to its ability of giving children the opportunity to move, play and explore safely. This unit, at Koblevo, is particularly impressive due to its size and number of options and its strong theming. It’s now the largest water-play structure in all of Russia and the Ukraine.
- Looping Rocket Waterslide. This extreme waterslide, which uses a robotic propulsion system, is the first of its kind in the Ukraine. Referred to by Polin as the Rocket Launcher, this system delivers a thrilling beginning to a ride full of heart-thumping fun as guests shoot along a path that unexpectedly drops 20 meters (65 feet) and then zips through a horizontal loop before splashing down at the exit. Baris Altindag, Head of R&D, Polin, described the speed slide as breathtaking—literally. “Guests will end the ride gasping with excitement,” he said. “It’s an experience you won’t forget—and one that is also addictive. Most guests immediately get back in line to ride it again and again.”
The Looping Rocket also gains points from guests for its great-looking “Magic Shine” translucent exterior. All of the waterslides in the park are all Polin’s “Magic Shine”. Magic Shine as Polin call them are the waterslides produced by L-RTM (Light Resin Transfer Molding) technology. LRTM is the leading growth technology in fiberglass production. Polin is the single waterslide producer in the World that can offer its all line as RTM manufactured. Al the waterslides at Orbito Waterpark have a shiny, and smooth finish that creates a superior look.
The other new attractions Polin has installed at the park include:
- BLACK HOLE. This enclosed tube slide is Polin’s most popular ride due to its incredibly unique experience. With its NLE technology, the slide provides riders with a unique, dramatic visual effect within the ride while they travel at high speeds through its exhilarating twists and turns.
- RAFTING SLIDE. An open tube slide, this attraction’s family-friendly design allows guests to ride together. With the same sections as Polin’s Black Hole, it also allows guests to enjoy the experience of both an open and a tunnel slide in one aquatic attraction.
- WIDE RAFTING SLIDE. This huge family slide is an open tube design, which offers an unforgettable rider experience. It also offers the same sections as Polin’s Black Hole Slide, allowing parks to combine these two into one waterslide that offers the experience of both an open and a tunnel slide. Polin created exactly that type of ride for the Odissea 2000 Waterpark in Rossano, Italy. Its 984-foot (300-meter) waterslide is the longest waterslide in its category in Europe.
- KIDS AREA. When children aren’t exhausting themselves on the Paradise Island AquaTower, parents will find them playing beneath the flowing water of Polin’s delightful Clown Shower or Giraffe Shower.
The first waterslides that Polin has supplied in 2011: Wave Slide, Space Hole, Rafting Slide, MultiSlide, Black Hole and kids waterslides.
For more on Orbita Aquapark and Resort, visit its website at http://koblevo-orbita.com.ua/
Please click here for high-resolution photos to accompany this story.
More on Polin Waterparks and Pool Systems:
Polin Waterparks and Pool Systems was founded in Istanbul, Turkey, in 1976 and has become one of the world’s leading companies in the design, manufacture and installation of waterparks, waterslides and water-play attractions. Polin is intimately involved in all the projects it takes on, guiding each step from concept to completion. Polin has been a pioneer in the advancement and application of closed-molded manufacturing technology in waterslide development. Since 2006, Polin has converted more than 95 percent of its annual fiberglass production to resin transfer molding (RTM). Polin offers both bowl rides and family rides featuring RTM techniques. Polin also offers its unique and patented Natural Light Effect technology, Special Pattern Effects technology in RTM and translucent RTM waterslides. Polin features a wide range of slides, including signature rides such as the patented King Cobra, Magic Spheres, Spheres, Magi Cone and Space Shuttle. Polin is committed to providing the best-quality product and service by investing in continuous research and development. The company plans to further expand its L-RTM line while introducing new signature rides and innovations. For more information, visit www.polin.com.tr.
For additional information, contact Sohret Pakis at +90 262 656 64 67 or email@example.com. Please visit us at www.polin.com.tr for product information, news, events and other updates.
Contact: Sohret Pakis/Polin
Tel.: +90 262 656 64 67
Mobile: +90 532 261 44 77